Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm very impressionable

Virginie says I need a blog...and I'm very impressionable, so here I am, not 10 minutes after I read the email from her, creating my little space in the world of blogger (apparently my myspace blog doesn't count). Well, are you happy V? Now I'll probably be embarrassed that I have a blog but don't have anything worthwhile to say in it. See? This is why we're not advertising the blog...yet anyway. Perhaps I have yet to discover my latent literary talent that has secretly been cultivating itself underneath the more mundane matters of life. I mean, who knows, really? Stranger things have happened.

We did the final walk-through on the house today, and discovered that the carpet actually looks much dirtier without furniture all over it. Thinking we might have to recarpet the lower level. Apparently recarpet is not a word. But that's what we're thinking of doing anyway. We also (mostly) decided on paint colors for the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen, so that's exciting! Thursday we buy the house, and then we get to take possession on Sunday! CRAZY!!!

I believe that's enough for a first blog post, so I'll close now with a lovely picture of Sammy playing with his friend Molly. Scratch that...that one's on the desktop not my laptop, so I'll close with our first "family picture" -Corey, Me, and the dog. Yay! Aren't we cute?

2 comments:

Virginie M. said...

Yay for having your own home!

Whatever you do, do not get white carpet, not that you would do that, because it's crazy...but the people we bought our house from apparently didn't know better. Anyway...bad juju.

Are you going to paint it different colors or all one color? Our house is white inside, so other than really wanting the paint the kitchen cabinets...it wasn't necessary...but the kitchen haven't been done yet. :(

Aw...what a cute family picture!

Virginie M. said...

You should at least send the link to your blog to your family...I'm sure your mom would want to read your blog. Apparently, Casey's grandmother wanted the link to mine...so you never know who's interested in your inner thoughts.