Monday, October 6, 2008

I will change my name to Paul. I am Paul the missionary!!!

I love our new theatrical teammate for kids church! Corey and I have been volunteering to help out with kids church (they meet in small, age-clumped groups, but all the school age small groups come together for worship and a bible story, and that's the part Corey and I do). Anyway, it's been OK with the two of us, but I'm so psyched about our new teammate. She has a theater background, and she's also a Spanish teacher, so she really knows how to engage kids (and did I mention be crazy?) She completely rewrote the pretty pathetic script we were given about Paul's determination, and made it awesome....the title of this post is what she (as Paul) declared at her conversion. I just love being around crazy silliness...

I also discovered a fun new tasty snack that was in my "Wok & Stir-Fry" cookbook. It's deep-fried collard greens. I would have posted a picture, but we ate them all already. oops. I saw a week-old baby tonight. Mary and I made food for her parents (yes, including the fried greens) and took it to them. And I decided maybe I'll volunteer to make food for people more often, whether I know them or not, and use it as a way to get to know more people from church. Maybe. We'll see.

In other news, I'm really proud of Corey! We already knew he was a phenomenal teacher from his experience teaching at Boxford Academy in MA, and from the summer reading program (IRD), but now we know he's great with college kids too! He's already had two kids ask to transfer to his Latin class from another one cause they like his teaching style better (OSU is on the quarter system, so classes have only been going a week or so). One of 'em sat in on his class, and the other one had him for their mythology TA last year, and liked him so much from that they wanted to take Latin from him as well. YAY - go Corey!

No comments: